Thursday, October 3, 2013

Homemade Slow Cooker Overnight Oatmeal

 
How lovely is it to wake up in the morning and breakfast is ready to go for the kids? AMAZING! Some mornings I am half asleep when I get the kids up and ready for school. So one less things I have to do, some days, can be my saving grace.
 
I came across this amazing recipe at Mom Endeavors for homemade oatmeal and it is super simple.
 
Recipe:
 
3 apples chopped up (chopped up finely and place in slow cooker)
2 cups of steel cut oats (HIGHLY recommend steel oats! I used regular oats and they are slightly more mushy)
2 cups milk
4 cups water
2 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. cinnamon
 
 
That is it! Took me less than 10 minutes to get that thrown in. Put it on low and allow to cook overnight and it is ready in the morning. Happy eating!
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips