Friday, March 21, 2014

Delish! Homemade Yogurt Granola Bars!



I have been dreaming about these for a couple weeks. Well, an extra day off is all it took. What is great about my granola bar recipe HERE is that it really takes 10 minutes to make. Cutting and wrapping takes the longest. The other day I was wandering the grocery aisles and I passed yogurt granola bars and thought...So with my granola bar recipe I made a few changes and this is what I got.

While these won't have a long shelf life, it is a great snack for the kids. The voting committee (all four boys)voted YES! and requested seconds. 
 
Recipe:
 
2 cups granola (I purchased a almond & blueberry granola)
1 cup rice cereal
1 Tbsp ground flax seed
 
Combine 3 items in bowl, mix and set to the side
 
4 Tbsp butter
1/4 cup honey
1/4 cups brown sugar
 
Place in saucepan, stir until butter is melted. Allow to come to a boil, reduce heat to low and let boil for 2 minutes
 
Stir in dry items into saucepan and stir until well coated.  Add in 1 cup marshmallows and gently stir in ( you could leave the marshmallows out)
 
Place in 9x9 pan lined with foil (lightly sprayed) or parchment paper. Pour mixture into pan and press down firmly.
 
Then took a handful of white chocolate chips and pressed down into granola bars.  Then take enough yogurt, whatever flavor you like and lightly coat the top of the bars. I used an organic strawberry. Then place in freezer until yogurt has hardened. 
 
Once it has hardened take out cut into pieces and serve or wrap in plastic. You can really make the pieces any size you want, I do smaller rectangles not normal granola bar size. It seems to be just enough for the kids and if they want more then can get another, reducing waste.
 
Enjoy!!
 


No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips