Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Simple Homemade Applesauce

I didn't know that making applesauce was really so simple.
This is a great recipe for making freezer applesauce from Suburble. What a great healthy and delicious side dish to have handy for the kids (or yourself)! Apples can be pricey so watch ads for a great sale or check out Bountiful Baskets, see my previous post HERE, about buying them in bulk at a great price. Apples may not be available every week for Bountiful Baskets so watch weekly and grab them when available!
 
Recipe:
20 apples
3 cups water
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 Tsp. cinnamon
 
Directions:
 
Peel, core, and quarter apples
Place into large pot with water and bring to boil
Simmer on a low-medium heat until soft and mushy
Use a potato masher to mash the apples until it is a nice, chunky consistency
Place in food processor. I used pulse on mine until it was the consistency I desired
Add in the cinnamon and sugar and then pour into jars.
I was able to fill 8 jars, the blog I got them from stated she got 16 but I do like a little thicker consistency.
Once the jars are completely cooled place lids and rings on jars and place in the freezer. Sauce is good up to one year!
 
Happy baking! 
 
 

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips