Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Summer, Part One..




Time to catch...well at least before the New Year hits. Right? Honestly, I miss documenting our life. I remember when I had one kid  and I had pictures coming out of my ears. I don't want to miss a moment of these precious years that go by way too fast.

So here in a nutshell is our trip to Arizona.

Mom and Dad were caffeinated and ready to go. Driving through the night with a packed car and four sleeping boys.


I had my sleep and it was my turn to drive.


Our first stop was the Grand Canyon. Can you believe I lived in Arizona my whole life and never went?? I truly missed out. We can't wait to go again. The beauty is indescribable. The boys were ecstatic to actually be walking in the clouds.





As we made our last stop the storm rolled in. We ducked under trees and Chris and I each two kids to protect them from the pounding hail. We were all soaked and on a side note flip flops and hail is not a good combination.


We arrived in Tucson at Chris' parents house and my first stop had to be to see his freshly painted race car. I can't wait to see it rolling down the track.


Papa made dreams come true with his new BB gun. It was truly a boys playground!




We visited with family and friends and enjoyed every moment!





Peyton missed a little of the fun but had fun of his own at camp. He got to spend four wonderful days in Prescott with our old church CCV, Christ Church of the Valley, camp. A special time and he made me proud as he listened and learned during that time and accepted Christ into his life. 



We stopped and visited my Grandfather and Grandmother's grave. Something I have not done since she passed. 





Of course we had to squeeze in a date night.  A trip to Arizona wouldn't be complete without a stop at Oregano's and me filling up on Pizookie.



Our last few days consisted of family pictures with Chris' family. Visiting with my family. Seeing the release of Jurassic World, bowling, laser tag, and lots of good food.









Our way home we had to stop at our first home as a family. We miss that house and we miss the beautiful town of Flagstaff. It always feel like home driving through my university. We wrapped our last night of vacation with a night of camping near Zion National Park. And it was one of our favorite things of vacation. We roasted marshmallows and just relaxed. We did so many things and the simple one's are what makes the boys the most happy. They couldn't stop talking about sleeping under the stars and especially how we tried our hardest to think of a plan to steal that colt.







No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips