Thursday, February 6, 2014

Amazing Whole Wheat Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies!



Chocolate Chip cookies have always been a favorite in our house. Isn't that true for everyone? One of my favorite things to do is look at a recipe and think...can this be healthier? We don't always have to give up a favorite food to live a healthier life. To me it is about finding balance. Balance for me and balance for my kids.  I have tried numerous chocolate chip cookie recipes and this one hands down in our family favorite. We have yet to come to a conclusion on if we like the finished cookie better or the dough.

Recipe:

1 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla
1 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
3 cups oatmeal
1/2 cup chocolate chips

Blend butter and sugars. Add in eggs and vanilla one at a time. Combine flour, baking soda, and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Add in oatmeal, flax seed. Stir in chocolate chips.

Cook at 325 for 9 minutes.

Recipe alternatives- You can substitute 1 cup smashed banana for butter. The cookie consistency is a little chewier but the kids like them just the same.  Also, I have added in scoop of protein shake powder for some extra protein.

Original recipe came from HERE and I made my adjustments

No comments :

Post a Comment

09 10 11 12
Blogging tips